We went in yesterday for Lizzie to get an ultrasound and VCUG to see why she keeps getting UTIs. When I heard they'd have to sedate her I was worried, but it was just a mild sedation so she was still awake and kind of conscious. Plus one of the meds they gave her was for amnesia. It worked wonders. She forgot everything horrible, but remembered they were blowing bubbles. I'm so glad she remembers just the fun stuff because she already doesn't like going to the doctor. I don't need her terrified. They were so great with all the toys and everything. She didn't have any bad side effects when she came out of the sedation, but she was definitely uncoordinated for about an hour. I know it's horrible, but I thought it was kind of funny watching her like she was drunk or super dizzy. I thought she would crash, since it was nap time, but instead she got some kind of adrenaline rush. When I got to my Mom and Dad's house she was super hyper, running around, singing, dancing, and laughing at herself. It really was hilarious! Too bad I didn't have a video camera. Turns out she has severe reflux in both kidneys which means when she goes to the bathroom some of the urine goes backwards into the kidneys. We're making an appt with the urologists at Primary Children's and she'll have to have surgery to fix it like I did. Apparently it's very familial. After talking to the specialist besides myself, probably two of my sisters, one of my brothers, and my mom all probably have the same problem.
I thought this would be a fun comparison.
Here are Daniel and Lizzie at 6 months. She's barely in 3-6 month clothes and he's in 6-9 month clothes. And here are me and Spence at what I guessed was 6 months.



Now for Daniel, I can't believe he's 6 months. He is such a chub, but we love it. That is except for when he's wearing out our arms. We don't go for his check up until next week, but I think he's about 15 lbs. We'll see though. He loves playing with his toys, especially standing in the activity gym. He wants to eat anything and everything he sees. Lizzie doesn't help with this since she has decided to feed him popcorn and granola bars. He eats sooo much! Each day he does about 30 oz of formula along with rice cereal for breakfast and dinner, and a vegetable for lunch. Already he eats way more rice cereal in one sitting than Lizzie ever did. I try to watch for signs that he's full. Sometimes he turns his head away, but most of the time if food is offered he'll eat it. So I have to just guess when he's done. He pushes himself completely off the floor, but doesn't crawl or scoot yet. He sits with help and almost sits on his own. Sometimes he does, but he's still just a bit wobbly. His favorite time of day is either when he's eating or getting changed. He loves to be naked! Plus he's so ticklish that he giggles uncontrollably. He still spits up a ridiculous amount. I'm hoping the solids will start helping that. He takes three naps that are each about an hour, which is awesome for me since he was catnapping through out the day. I hope we don't have any other kids that are power nappers. It's definitely not fun. Just this last week he seems to be better about sleeping at night too. We put him down at 7. He wakes up around ten just to cry. We give him his pacifier, then he wakes up around 2 for a bottle. Then he wakes up around 6 for the day. That may still seem bad, but it's sooo much better than it has been since he was born. I have been exhausted taking care of him so I'm really hoping he's getting on to a better schedule.
It sounds like his sleeping is so much better- so glad!! I know about big babies wearing out your arms, I feel like each day I can hold Hadley less and less time! Plus, ok that picture of your as a baby looks JUST LIKE Lizzie, I love it!
ReplyDeleteGreat memory lane pictures. There is no denying your two kids come from you and Spencer (: Even though Lizzie will have to have surgery, which is absolutely awful, I am glad you were able to get an answer so that you can solve this problem while she is young, and not be fighting it for years to come. And wow, Daniel is really 6 months? Crazy! He's almost as big as my 13 month little girl (:
ReplyDelete