I can't believe our little jellybean is already 4. She wanted her birthday to be all about princesses. We started the morning with giving her Beauty and Tangled dresses that my cousin Caity made. She absolutely loves them! She's already asking for another one for Christmas. She alternated between the dresses the whole day and loved every minute. We went with all the Scanlon cousins to see Brave. The kids were glued to the screen. Daniel kept yelling about the bears. Lizzie loves pretending to be Brave. Yeah she doesn't call any of the princesses by their actual names. :) Merida is definitely my favorite princess. Then we had cake at Grandma and Grandpa Scanlon's. I love making cupcake pull apart cakes. Later that night we had quesadillas (Cafe Rio) and went to the Owlz baseball game. Lizzie loved all the attention she got. As we ate outside the game there were some boys that passed and kept talking about her being a princess. It totally made her day. She got some fun games we can play with her, dominoes and Hi-Ho Cherry-O. Of course her favorite was an Ariel bath toy and some princess lip gloss and nail polish. Over the next few days the kids loved having Spencer set up different things with the dominoes. He would set up crazy ways to set things off. I love how creative he can be. I've had so much fun spending time with Lizzie now that I'm out of school. Her imagination is hilarious. She comes up with so many funny connections between things. Just some things about her at this age:
This is from forever ago in April when we were redoing my parents' backyard. Hence the dirty faces. The kids were playing in the dirt and working at least some of the time. :)
I had to snap a picture of this outfit. She came out with pink pants on and I suggest she pick something else because it's better not to wear an outfit of just one color (meaning all pink). She came out in these plaid pants saying they weren't all pink, but matched because they had white and Hello Kitty is white. I love her reasoning!
Here she is putting on a puppet show at the library. I need to make one of our own like this. She and Daniel would be occupied giving each other puppet shows all day.
She thought she was hilarious because she was pretending to be Grandma Jackson with her dog and special chair. :)
Don't mind Logan. He had just shifted over. I promise he wasn't nearly as crunched over as he looks. This is the night of her dance recital and she actually danced in the second dance.
On July 27 I snapped this picture when she decided she was done with training wheels and rode her bike by herself. She did awesome! The Strider bike helped her learn balance so great that she just took off. With how cautious and unsure she can be I have no doubt she would be using training wheels for at least another year.
- 37 in. and 29 lbs. (5-6% so pretty proportionate)
- loves all things Disney, pretty sure she could live at Disneyland - The only sad thing is that she still can't go on some of the rides she wants to because of being short.
- finally isn't too nervous about mascots/people dressed in costumes
- plays games with first letter sounds and rhyming
- can count to 60 (as long as her imagination doesn't distract her halfway through :)
- loves helping me cook and is great at it, right now she's learning how to crack eggs
- helps take care of both Daniel and Logan
- rides her bike without training wheels
- can write her name and all the letters/numbers - for some reason x is her favorite one
- does accents (at least British) and sings all the time
- loves being in Spencer's films
- She's the most optimistic person I know. If she was full and didn't eat her vegetables, instead of being mad she doesn't get a treat she says things like "That's ok maybe I'll have one tomorrow." She's always so positive about situations. Don't get me wrong, she still has her times, especially when she's tired, but most of the time she really does look on the bright side.
This is from forever ago in April when we were redoing my parents' backyard. Hence the dirty faces. The kids were playing in the dirt and working at least some of the time. :)
I had to snap a picture of this outfit. She came out with pink pants on and I suggest she pick something else because it's better not to wear an outfit of just one color (meaning all pink). She came out in these plaid pants saying they weren't all pink, but matched because they had white and Hello Kitty is white. I love her reasoning!
Here she is putting on a puppet show at the library. I need to make one of our own like this. She and Daniel would be occupied giving each other puppet shows all day.
She thought she was hilarious because she was pretending to be Grandma Jackson with her dog and special chair. :)
Don't mind Logan. He had just shifted over. I promise he wasn't nearly as crunched over as he looks. This is the night of her dance recital and she actually danced in the second dance.
On July 27 I snapped this picture when she decided she was done with training wheels and rode her bike by herself. She did awesome! The Strider bike helped her learn balance so great that she just took off. With how cautious and unsure she can be I have no doubt she would be using training wheels for at least another year.







I think homeschooling will be good–especially since you will be the teacher! I think it isn’t for everyone! I couldn’t have done it! Good luck! (From Deanna Scanlon)
ReplyDelete