Well Spencer and I have debated for months about sending Lizzie to Kindergarten next year. We've looked at all the options. We've gone back and forth on the idea of homeschool. I went ahead and registered Lizzie at our elementary school. Then a couple weeks after that I decided homeschooling might be the better path for us. Before this I had flip-flopped back and forth. As I've researched and looked into the possible options I finally feel really great about our decision. The funny thing was when I approached Spencer to say I for sure wanted to do homeschool, he had even said that all along he was 90-95% sure that's what he wanted for our kids. He just didn't want to make me feel like I had to. So we are officially going to be homeschooling. Now that the decision is behind me I'm getting so excited! This is exactly why I went into teaching. I know that several of you reading this won't necessarily agree with my decision. It might even come as a shock knowing I've taught in the public schools. The funny thing is that's exactly the reason I want to homeschool. I've been on the other side and I'd rather teach my kids rather than hope for the best. I realize homeschooling is not for everybody, and I don't intend to criticize other peoples' decisions. For us, this is definitely the best decision. :)
On to the update of our family, since it's been forever. Logan's birthday is just around the corner. I can't believe he's already going to be 1. He's still our little monkey and oh my goodness gets into everything! He's curious about everything and must dump it out. I'll talk about him more when I post about his birthday. Daniel is so funny. He is such a cute stubborn little guy. His new favorite thing is to rope his sister into everything in order to back him up. Like this morning I was trying to have them clean the table off so we could paint (which he loves, but didn't want to clean). He responded "No I hate painting! Daniel and sister hate painting!" Yes he does refer to himself in third person sometimes. :) When we're at the store and he wants something he usually says something like this, "But Daniel and sister never ever tried that before!" He and Lizzie share an obsession with My Little Pony. Luckily Spence and I enjoy watching it too so it's not too torturous. He's potty trained, but still needs a reminder now that we've been able to play outside more. He's constantly asking questions about EVERYTHING! I love seeing Lizzie and Daniel suddenly understand something when I answer their many questions. Lizzie loves talking in accents and quoting shows or songs. She's constantly playing make-believe with all of her toys. She reminds me a lot of Andy in Toy Story the way she becomes absorbed in her play. She would ride her bike all day long if I let her. She's so careful when we do any kind of art project. We have so much fun playing together every day. I'm busy trying to get things done around the house and training for the marathon in June. We're working on building a playground which is moving along slowly. Eventually I will have my garage back. :) We're also finally going to get a deck again! Yay!!! I can't say that enough. I don't mind the previous one being wrecked in a commercial, but the kids and I will be so excited to use the back door again. I've also been working on redoing/designing the kids' rooms. Spencer has been busy working at the LDS motion picture studio, doing free lance work, and starting his own Cinema Book Trailer business. He and his friends have been meeting with publishers and are getting some awesome responses. Life has been good and we are loving every second of time we get to spend together.
On to the update of our family, since it's been forever. Logan's birthday is just around the corner. I can't believe he's already going to be 1. He's still our little monkey and oh my goodness gets into everything! He's curious about everything and must dump it out. I'll talk about him more when I post about his birthday. Daniel is so funny. He is such a cute stubborn little guy. His new favorite thing is to rope his sister into everything in order to back him up. Like this morning I was trying to have them clean the table off so we could paint (which he loves, but didn't want to clean). He responded "No I hate painting! Daniel and sister hate painting!" Yes he does refer to himself in third person sometimes. :) When we're at the store and he wants something he usually says something like this, "But Daniel and sister never ever tried that before!" He and Lizzie share an obsession with My Little Pony. Luckily Spence and I enjoy watching it too so it's not too torturous. He's potty trained, but still needs a reminder now that we've been able to play outside more. He's constantly asking questions about EVERYTHING! I love seeing Lizzie and Daniel suddenly understand something when I answer their many questions. Lizzie loves talking in accents and quoting shows or songs. She's constantly playing make-believe with all of her toys. She reminds me a lot of Andy in Toy Story the way she becomes absorbed in her play. She would ride her bike all day long if I let her. She's so careful when we do any kind of art project. We have so much fun playing together every day. I'm busy trying to get things done around the house and training for the marathon in June. We're working on building a playground which is moving along slowly. Eventually I will have my garage back. :) We're also finally going to get a deck again! Yay!!! I can't say that enough. I don't mind the previous one being wrecked in a commercial, but the kids and I will be so excited to use the back door again. I've also been working on redoing/designing the kids' rooms. Spencer has been busy working at the LDS motion picture studio, doing free lance work, and starting his own Cinema Book Trailer business. He and his friends have been meeting with publishers and are getting some awesome responses. Life has been good and we are loving every second of time we get to spend together.
I think it's great that you are willing to dedicate yourself and the time to homeschooling. Your kids will benefit from it, I'm sure. Sounds like some good things are happening for you!
ReplyDelete