I've realized how much I love being able to look back and read what I wrote, as a journal of sorts. Regardless of whether I get pictures on here or not I want to get my thoughts and memories down. Lately Logan has been crazy cute about things. When I do a sideways plank, with my arms stretched out he says I'm "doing Jesus exercises". He's so focused on making sure everybody is taken care of. There was on German pancake left and I, knowing the kids would want it, was leaving it alone. Logan saw my empty plate, "You need more German pancakes mom?" He wouldn't take no for answer and put it on my plate, then told me how to prepare it with syrup. He's constantly doing this, well at least at home. He wants to hear all about my day. I love having conversations with him. He's all about "I do it myself!" At the same time he's also hyper sensitive. Like tonight when Spence told him he didn't get a fruit snack because it's bedtime, he ran crying to his bed. His bed is always his safe haven. If he thinks he's been wronged, you'll find him in there until he feels everything is right with the world again. Charlotte has been getting ear infections constantly. Since our kids rarely, if ever, run a fever we just have to guess when she's waking us up more at night then she probably has one (so far 3 in last month and a half). She's pretty close to walking. She growls like a monster/alien constantly. She's constantly into everything, more than any of the other kids at this age. It's funny because she hasn't even had a birthday or anything to figure out presents, but every time I try to wrap a present she's sure to tear it apart. So until a couple days before Christmas the presents will remain hidden. She puts everything in her mouth. Stickers are especially funny because they stick to the roof of her mouth and she can't figure out how to get them out. She especially loves when Daddy gets home each day. Whenever we have to FaceTime him on a trip she gets crazy excited and then mad when she can't grab him through the phone. Lizzie is doing amazing with homeschooling. She's basically through first grade curriculum. This includes even the parts that she has struggled with like money and time. It's so fun to watch shows with her. She gets so much of the foreshadowing that even I miss sometimes. She's crazy good at inferencing and I love being able to teach her. Every day I get to watch how her mind works and I love it! Daniel is taking off with learning! He started in August recognizing maybe about half of the letters, but none of the sounds. He just started reading his first books on his own this week! He also started writing his own notes/letters as well. I expected to come in and see a beautiful picture he drew for Daddy. While I did see an awesome picture right underneath it I saw that he had written a note telling Daddy he loved him. Daniel has a crazy imagination. He's constantly making up stories of how something happened or what monster came after him. One of these days we should do a story like Kidhistory does using Daniel's stories. He cracks me up with all his funny quirks. Right now he hopes the second coming could happen on Christmas so Jesus could hold him. Spencer's been busy with work since August going on at least two weeks of trips basically each month. Then when he gets back he's got to do all the graphic work so we make the most of any time we get with him. He's been blessed to work with some awesome people on great projects. I've just been busy with the kids, planning field trips, doing holiday things, cleaning the house. To help pay off the car faster I've started a job from home where I just answer support questions for a tax company. So far it's pretty easy. Let's see just a recap of our holidays so far. Halloween was awesome with nearly all of the Jackson cousins here. Lizzie really took off with the older kids. In fact she was the only one at the end who wanted to just keep going. She didn't really care about how much candy she had, just about running from door to door and trick or treating. It was so fun to share her excitement. The boys loved it too, but sure didn't last long. Lizzie was Merida, Daniel was Tigger, Logan was Thomas the Train, and Charlotte was a pumpkin. As always leading up to Halloween we did a bunch of fun crafts, activities, and movies. For Thanksgiving we went to both families again. It was fun baking pies with my sister Tamrah that morning. She was so patient and great at teaching the kids how to crack eggs. Spence and I would love having Thanksgiving dinner like four times a year at least. We seriously love all the food that comes with the holiday as well as being able to spend time with family. For Christmas so far we've been more low-key while Spence was on a trip. We've started a new tradition with Kindness Elves. It has been awesome! No our house isn't perfect, but it helps to remind me of simple acts of kindness we can do as well as teaches the kids. They were so excited to donate some of their stuffed animals to kids who have been abused. It's been so fun to see them make each other's bed and help each other with different things.
No comments:
Post a Comment