Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Day in the Life With Four Crazies

Ok so that title should probably be six crazies. Let's face it, Spence and I are as crazy as the kids. Today was interesting to say the least. I can't say it was far different from other days, but I figure I should write it down so I can laugh about it later. Logan being potty trained in theory was a good idea. Does he have the control? Yep! Can he pull his own pants off if he needs to? Absolutely! Does he think the toilet is awesome? Definitely! The problem comes with his newfound control and all the awesomeness that is the bathroom. Picture baby Plucky saying "I want to flush it again!" and you'd be on the right track for Logan. He's constantly flushing a new thing down the toilet just to see if it can. We've lost nearly every toothbrush to the toilet as well as keys and earrings. Thankfully the keys turned out to be baby toy keys and not the real ones. Whew! Aside from flushing he has to try every imaginable position to go potty. I often hear him hollering from the bathroom, "I going backwards Mommy!" Yep he thinks the potty is pretty much amazing. Of course at night time he thinks his door is impenetrable so rather than go to the bathroom, he's decided the heater duct makes for a good toilet. Hey at least he removed the vent first, right? Today he decided to throw wet toilet paper at the walls. Now this isn't completely unusual, however today he got it wet not with the sink water, but with the wonderful water he had just sullied up. He was in there for maybe two minutes, which was apparently 1 minute and 50 sec too long. Needless to say I made him help wash the walls of his artwork.

A proud nerd mom moment for me came when Lizzie informed me "the Doctor sent you a message". Yes she is referring to THE doctor. She thinks Dr. Who is hilarious and has added his character to regular play time. She spent the day explaining to Daniel all about the Doctor (that's how she says it) and now he's just as excited too. So now the two of them are not just in love with Comic-con, all things Hobbit/LOTR, and superheroes, but they've added the good Doctor to the list.

Now for the epic fail moment. While I was preparing dinner I was opening a can of peas (hey at least it's a vegetable). I then went to set the the can opener down on the counter. To preface what happened Charlotte had been screaming for some attention. I had finally got her happy enough for me to open this can of peas and she was now sitting to the side of me on the ground. Somehow the can opener slipped out of my hand. Everything went into slow motion. The can opener slowly started falling as I look over to see where Charlotte is. She's safe. Everything looks good, but then the can opener bounces off one of her birthday balloons. I thought no way would it possibly bounce exactly right. Oh I shouldn't have wondered. That can opener bounced perfectly on the balloon hitting Charlotte right on the forehead with the sharp metal piece down. Seriously! Of all the odds, I mean it's the smallest part on the can opener and yet it nails her. Yep she screamed for a good long time. Thankfully, everything has turned out ok and she's back to her chipper self, but in the future beware of can openers!

Normally at dinner time my kids are great about what's served. Even when I'm serving something different or new they immediately start competing over who likes the food best. That was not to be tonight apparently. Lizzie and I loved the food, which really was amazing. Spence even ate a good amount when he got home. Logan on the other hand was not impressed. As soon as we finished the blessing he chimed in with "I not eating mud mom!" So while I thought I had served a yummy meatloaf (which it was!) Logan figured his mom made mud pie for dinner. Hmm maybe an April Fool's dinner in the future?

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to hear a realistic day with kids. Makes me feel better about many of my days lol!

    ReplyDelete