Thursday, December 10, 2009
5 days later and the series is done
So I finally gave in and read Twilight. I have to admit I loved it! If you know me I was very against the whole sparkly vampire thing. I thought it was an easy fix for a big gaping plot hole. I have changed my ways. I still kinda think that, but the books were good enough to overcome my prejudice. It's been a while since a series has held my attention like Wheel of Time, but this definitely did. I read all five of them (including Midnight Sun) and had a blast. I loved the world she created. My favorite would definitely be Eclipse, but they were all pretty good. What's funny is since I've been reading them Spence has been extremely caring and thoughtful and stuff. He's normally pretty good, but it was kinda like when we were just friends and he thought he needed to protect me from everything. I totally realize this might just be me noticing more thing because of reading about Edward and Bella, but I just thought it was funny. Also it probably helps that he doesn't have a billion film shoots on his mind. I loved Garrett's speech at the end! He seems like a super cool character! From talking to other people I guess I'm kinda rare that I like the whole imprinting thing with Jacob. I guess it sounds like most people were disgusted and shocked. I loved it. Ugh now back to reading six books a day for my class again. It was nice to have a break from that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you gave in and finally read them. I've read them a couple of times and I think they're great. Even my husband has read them and liked them. He doens't like them for the romantic aspect though, he thinks the whole vampire and werewolf thing is cool.
ReplyDeleteCute Blog Deborah(I'm not sure I spelled you name the way you do), I usually see it through google reader so I don't see the fun stuff.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I was the same as you about reading the Twilight series. I finally gave and read them and loved them too. (Although I'm not as obsessed about them as a lot of women are.) I actually liked the whole Imprinting thing too. It isn't gross. Because it's more of an unconditional love the an infatuation. That's my opinion anyhow.
Glad you got them done! I have your book by the way and will bring it this Friday. I like the imprinting thing too ... I just had a hard time with a talking baby the first time I read it.
ReplyDelete