Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I'm turning into a smurf or avatar!
We had a fun holiday this year. Spence and I got to spend tons of times together so it was great to just be with Lizzie and my family. I have definitely learned that I need to be more patient and understanding with my siblings though. I'll try to get some pictures up here, but I just never have my camera around when I'm blogging. Lizzie absolutely loved playing in the snow. I've never seen such a young kid like it. She doesn't care if she has gloves or anything. Just wants to play in it all day long. She especially loves the sled. I think if I pulled her in the sled all day she would be the happiest girlie ever! We've been playing Guitar Hero ever since Christmas. I suck so bad! Spence is getting pretty good though. The only thing I'm good at is singing, not sounding good, but getting a lot of points for it. I love it! We played with my family a few different times and had a blast! However over Christmas break I slowly turned into a smurf/avatar/Dumbledore nearly dead. One night my hands were grey-tinged. I thought they were just dirty, but alas the next day they turned blue. Gradually by the end of that night they were dark purplish black. Just picture Dumbledore's hand from the Half-Blood Prince and that's what both hands looked like. The strange thing was they weren't cold, tingly, or numb from lack of circulation. We called the nurse the next day who was stumped and named some strange weird syndrome which didn't really fit. That night it spread to my elbows. I have to admit we were all pretty freaked. I literally did not look human. Then just as suddenly I was fine the next day. A couple weeks went by and it happened again. So we decided to ask the Dr. when we went in for our appt. This is the first time I have ever stumped my doctor. He was baffled and just said not to worry if we don't notice other side effects. Later when I was in my pajamas I realized my hands were blue again. Suddenly everything fell into place. Luckily I was not morphing into an alien, but the way I sit when I'm cold made the navy blue on my pajama pants stain my hands and arms. So my pajamas baffled several people and made me look like a corpse. The appt went well. Lizzie's finally 20 lbs and hated everything about the appt, the shots, the looking in ears, etc. Mine was fine too. I'm 13 weeks and we go back in two weeks to hear the heartbeat, but everything looked good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so funny to me! I didn't know material did that.
ReplyDeleteThat cracks me up! Good old indigo dye!
ReplyDelete