Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving and getting ready for Christmas

Well we've had a fun few weeks.  We headed out to Colorado to spend Thanksgiving with Spencer's family.  It was so crazy and fun.  We stayed at their house so we had two newborns and five girls.  Surprisingly I don't think any of us woke up from other people's kids.  Wow, not sure if that sentence made sense.  Despite the warnings of the weather men, we didn't hit any kind of problems.  That is other than a tire that slowly leaks.  We had to stop every hour or so to check the pressure.  Luckily we were extremely blessed and the tire held out.

We took some family pictures out at Garden of the Gods.  Hopefully we can go out during good weather to hike around the area.  Spencer loved driving in Colorado.  He felt like he was a maniac race-car driver because nearly everyone goes way under the speed limit.  We all went to see Tangled for all the girls and Harry Potter for all the adults.  Tangled was so much fun!  I loved the story line.  Harry Potter was what I expected, cause I figured based on the first half of the book that it would be fairly slow going.  Still fun to see though especially with all the family.  The best part about Harry Potter was the awesome party that Jen and everyone set up for me and Larry.  We all got capes and wands.  Rory did a transfiguration class which I'll admit amazed me as much as the little girls.  Britton did some experiments with pop rocks, mentos, and diet coke for potions.  Andrea taught us how to read our palms.  Larry and Jen taught care of magical creatures with a real ball snake (I think that's what it's called) and gecko.  Lizzie of course wouldn't come near the snake or gecko no matter how cool we made them seem.  I ate way too many cauldron cupcakes.  They were delicious.  I don't know how long it's been since I've had an actual birthday party and it was sooo much fun!  Now we're getting ready for Christmas and trying to get all the videos done for the launch of the Family Learning Tree website.  Spencer edits and gets all the videos ready.  Then when he's at school or BYU Magazine I render, export, and upload the videos.  Lizzie is so into Christmas.  If she wants something and I say no, she immediately says it's for Christmas or that Santa could bring it.  One time when I suggested Santa might bring pants since she's outgrowing hers, she told me he'd bring toys.  She's amazing at hide and seek.  While she was playing with her cousins she stood in a corner with a blanket over her head.  They walked by several times and they missed her cause she was totally silent.  She always loves playing with her cousins.  Daniel's rolling over both ways now and spins himself in circles.  He's much happier now that he's getting as much food as he wants.  We're trying him on a formula that stops spitting up.  So far it seems to be helping.  His night time is still way bad though.  For now we're just waiting til the end of the semester to do some fun holiday activities.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving with safe travels. I love your knew family photo! I'm impressed about lizzie and hide and seek. Parker is the worse player out there. We are going to see Harry potter next week for our Anniversary. i'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden of the Gods is soooo fun in the summer!! And yes, driving to Colorado everyone drives slow. I feel like I'm always looking down to see how fast I'm going because I feel like I'm flying past everyone else! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus I love the new picture at the top! And now I think Lizzie and Daniel look the same, both of amazing blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete