Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Favorite Things and Updates

I got this idea from a friend of mine so I thought while I do an update I'd share a few of my favorite things lately.
I love slobbery kisses from my little man.
 My favorite shows are The Biggest Loser and Glee.  I just love the songs that they do covers of!
Our favorite song and I do mean our (Lizzie and Daniel go crazy for it) is Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus.  I know, I know, it's a guilty pleasure.  Spence even likes it.  He was the first one to show it to me.
Favorite current movie...Tangled!  I laugh every time I see it.  Lizzie will recap it for you anytime.  Can't wait til it comes out!
My favorite next book to come out...The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum.  It's the last of a trilogy that starts with Hourglass Door.  I'm so excited!
My favorite day of the week...Sunday!  Duh, we get to spend time with Spencer!
I love playing pretend with Lizzie.  It's so fun to stay a kid and pretend dinner is ice cream or it's snowing in the house or the tiger's going to get us.  I could go on and on.  I love just spending time with my kids and best friend.  That's all I could ask for to be happy. :)
Now for updates.  Daniel has had a hard couple of weeks.  We have no idea why.  He'd go to sleep and wake up two hours later screaming for another two hours.  We thought he might be teething, but orajel and tylenol didn't solve the problem.  It seems to be working itself out though.  It definitely was draining on my emotions though.  I just gave him his first haircut today. 
 
 
 I couldn't take the inch long mohawk anymore.  I just trimmed it down halfway so it'll spike now.  He's getting to be so much fun and just wants to eat our food.  He's just loving life as long as he has food and attention.  If he starts fussing at all, give him food or say how cute and chubby he is.  An instant smile spreads across his chubby cheeks.

Lizzie is doing really well after the surgery.  She's back to being potty trained, but still has to go a little more often than before.  The nice thing is she'll take care of it on her own.  She's always trying to take care of Daniel.  She taught him to clap and loves playing with him.  She tries to play jokes on me and Spence about different things.  One day I ran out of toilet paper and yelled for her to bring me some.  She comes in with a cheesy grin on her face and hands me one square.  I love seeing her sense of humor develop.  Most of the time she is the best helper.  She's definitely got a mind of her own though.  Her most common responses when I call her name are "What?  I not doing anything!" or "Don't talk to me!".  When she says the latter one she sits on a chair and I talk to her about using a nice vs. rude voice.


On Mar. 9 she went on her first Daddy-Daughter date and loved every minute.  She couldn't stop talking about bowling and eating pizza.  Even Daniel loved his one on one time with me at home.  Kids definitely need that time to just be with a parent.  I can't believe how much it meant to both of them.

I'm busy doing all the stay-at-home mom stuff.  I tried Bountiful Baskets this week to help with groceries and was pleasantly surprised.  We got a TON of food and so far it's all been super delicious.  In fact I just finished eating an awesome mango.  I've started two more blogs.  One is for my recipes, which I'll be putting those St. Patrick's Day dinner ideas on.  The other is to help me become a published writer, one of my goals before I die.  When I get a few more posts on them I'll put a link here for anyone interested.  Mostly I'm just making it through each day having both kids all day long.

Spence is busy, a lot.  He's got full-time school and work.  He also has several people always roping him into helping with video projects.  He loves the work, but has to keep turning things down.  There just aren't enough hours in the day and he wants to spend them with us. Our new mantra is "one more month, one more month".  School's out in one month and we'll be able to see each other again on more than just Sunday.  The last couple weeks have been rough for both of us.  I've been dealing with Daniel while Spence has been dealing with a deadline.  The company he works for is going live on Monday.  They've added new videos to the first week so he's been literally editing all day and night until he goes to bed.  In fact tonight I finally made him go to bed after he stayed up for 37 hours straight.  He kept trying to finish up the last couple things that have to be done before midnight, but the energy drinks have run out.  I told him to get a few hours sleep and I'd wake him up so he should still be able to finish in time.  We're both feeling very run down at the moment.  We decided once school's out we're going to take the kids and just drive, spending all day together instead of the couple of minutes before we go to bed and after we wake up.  Kudos to all those out there having to deal with being apart!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! I hope that you can make it just one more month!!! And figure out what was the deal with Daniel during the night. I wonder if it's an infant thing.. Kaitlyn is doing the same thing right now. Sigh... it does get so draining!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie is growing up so fast. That is very cool that the school year is coming to an end...if you can just stay sane till then, right? Cute kids!! What do you want to write? Novels? Articles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss you guys! I can't believe how big Lizzie and Daniel are getting! Eddie is totally in the eating phase too! Awesome Scanlon genes or something. :) I'm so glad that little Lizzie's surgery went well. We keep you guys in our thoughts often and hope that this month goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete