Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random end of summer pics and an overdo update

Oh the craziness that has been going on in our house.  Not only were we busy all summer enjoying ourselves, taking me forever to update, but then August threw us a curve ball.  We didn't know if Spence's internship would continue or not since they re-evaluate every three months so as of Aug. 22 he could have been out of a job with nothing else.  Well both of us felt I should see if there were any teaching positions available so we at least had something.  Though his internship got extended we're trying to be positive about me working.  Yes, we'd both rather me be with the kids, but now we have insurance and an income for the next 12 months.  To be honest we wish we had a million dollars, not to be free from work, but just because we both love being home taking care of the kids.  I couldn't have asked for a better man.  To help me stay sane he stays home with the kids on Mondays and Fridays, although about every other Friday he has a film shoot.  Then Tues-Thur he works ten hour days which end up being 13 hours when you factor in the bus ride to Salt Lake.  His mom watches the kids in the morning on these days then drops them off at MeLisa's for the afternoon and naps.  I'm so lucky to have family willing to help.  It helps me focus when I'm at work.  I still think about the kids all day, but now I should be able to make it to April.  The reason why I'm saying April is because we found out I'm pregnant and due April 14!  This came a bit earlier than we were expecting (only by a couple months), but we're so excited to have another cute little addition to our family.  The best part is based on when I'm due, once Spring Break starts I'm done for the year since I get 6 weeks paid maternity leave.  Awesome!  Now I'm working on my portfolio to finish up my master's degree by November.  Things are finally calming down just a bit. :)  Spence is getting ready to apply for different master's programs that start next Fall.  He's always working on commercials, films, and photography to keep getting better.  Lizzie has started preschool and dance, loving every minute of it.  I can't believe how fast she learns.  One of her favorite toys is the Ipad.  Yeah we don't have one, but about once a month we'll take her to the Apple store so she can play with the display ones.  She's getting so good on her bike.  I love the little Strider bike.  She's learned how to ride without training wheels so fast.  With how slow I jog she could probably peddle and keep up with me. :)  Her latest favorite game, pretending the ground is hot lave so we have to walk around by stepping on anything but the carpet.  Daniel started to walk at about the second week of Labor Day.  He's close to walking all the time, give him a couple more weeks and he'll be there.  His first distinctive word was of course Lizzie.  He absolutely adores his sister.  The two of them make each other laugh all the time.  They make up such funny games that I can't help, but laugh along.  He can also tell you a dog says "woof".  The other words I think he's said are ball, fish, mom, and dad.  More specifically dad on those last two.  His favorite time of the day is when we pick Spence up from the bus.  I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's what's happening here.  Lots of pictures, enjoy!
Lizzie two of her favorite things: dart guns and stealing my shoes.
This summer we declared war on our aspens.  They tried to take over the grass so we brought in the chainsaw and poison ivy killer.  Aspens and their shoots (which are all through the lawn) are one of the hardest things to kill, hence the only thing that works is poison ivy killer.
Look how clear our yard looks now!  We love it!  You can actually see our house and yard.
Lizzie and Daniel one of the days at the splash pad, one of our favorite activities to do on those hot summer days.

Lizzie's new haircut.  Natalie cut it in a soft A-line.  It's been so awesome and easy to do even after a couple months!
Daniel and Lizzie loving the water at Seven Peaks.

Spencer's official graduation day.  Yay he's done!  Oh wait, never mind he's applying for a master's. :)
Lizzie's first day of dance.  She loves spinning in circles and looks forward to dance class every week.
Lizzie on her first day of preschool.  Have I mentioned how much I love this haircut?  Seriously it takes me five minutes to do with blowing dry and using a straightener.
Here she is in her classroom.  She kept asking me to stay longer this first day, but never even cared that I was there.  She loves pretend play stuff so no surprise she felt right in her element with all the kitchen play stuff.  I didn't feel too bad since I was just excited she was having fun.  Her teacher says she's really good at cleaning up.  No surprise there.  I'm wondering how bossy she is since typically she bosses everyone around.  We'll see when I talk to her teacher this week.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on another baby. How exciting!!! I hope this year goes great for you.

    ReplyDelete