March was a busy month! On top of getting ready for our new little guy to join us, we traveled to California for my sister's wedding. Of course since we were there already we also did Disneyland all together too. This was such a fun trip, minus being 8 months pregnant. :) The drive was interesting with Lizzie and Daniel, mainly because they didn't sleep at all. I have no idea how, but they stayed awake almost the entire drive there and back. Every time we passed a town or city they'd get all excited to look around. Obviously we haven't been on a road trip in a while. We drove halfway and stayed at a hotel with Grandma and Grandpa Jackson. Lizzie got upset about not sleeping in her own bed, but apparently the hotel's faucet was funny enough she forgot about being sad and busted up laughing. I have a ton of pictures since Spencer was in charge of taking pictures and I tried to narrow it down, but seriously I love the pictures Spencer and MeLisa got at the wedding. MeLisa was running the second camera we borrowed from Spencer's friend.
Lisa and Christopher got married on the beach which was super fun. Here's a picture of them with all the nieces and nephews. Trying to get all of them to cooperate was interesting. You can see the two little boys are really happy about having a picture done. :)
Lisa with her nieces. These are the skirts I made. I can't get enough of Lisa in this dress. Gorgeous!
Lisa and Chris with their Just Married Mickey ears. They both work for Disney and love it so I had to include this picture. The next few are some beautiful pictures of the two of them on the beach.
Beach weddings are perfect for kids! This is what the kids were all doing while we waited to get started.
I love this picture! Honestly it's one of my favorites. I swear it could be in a magazine!
Walking over to do some pictures. Did I say how much I love how Lisa looks in this dress? :)
These guys are gorgeous together and seriously they are perfect for each other! They're so good to one another. I just wish they lived closer. :)
Haha this picture makes me laugh. They were so good to juggle the two crying boys. :)
She's so gorgeous! I love this girl!
After the wedding we of course let the kids play in the ocean. Yep every single one of them are in their clothes. Made for some super cute, fun pictures!
Lizzie didn't understand she could lift her skirt up without showing underwear. I tried to explain and it just didn't work.
My mom even got in on the action! Really who can pass up the ocean?
Julie and Colby's cute threesome walking to the ocean.
Steven with his two boys. Yep they got drenched! A change of clothes was definitely needed before the luncheon.
I love this shot of her running into the ocean.
Lizzie and I were often waiting for other people to finish rides, especially the first day. I couldn't go on several being that pregnant and Lizzie was always just a bit too short. She was a good sport most of the time. This picture was in the afternoon and she hadn't been on a ride in a while. She asked for the map and proceeded to figure out where she needed to go for the rides she wanted. Luckily she wouldn't just run off to find it. She said she was planning out where everyone should go after we were done waiting. I didn't think she understood the map, but she found the ride she was looking for...Alice and the teacups.
Lisa, Chris, and Julie with Daniel and Stockton playing on the boat in Toontown while we waited for the rest of the group to go on Gadget's Coaster.
This was at World of Color. I couldn't get a great picture because when the flash would start going off Lizzie would pull a weird face. Needless to say, she and Daniel (and the rest of us) loved watching it. Thanks to Lisa and Chris we were able to be in a good spot where we could all see the show.
The second day we went was raining off and on. One minute it would be pouring and freezing, the next nothing. Even when it wasn't raining it was definitely chilly though. We found Woody inside while we were waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush. You can see everyone's soaked. We stayed in here to dry off, eat lunch, and warm up. Spence and I wanted to go back to the hotel and warm the kids up since Daniel was freezing, but neither of them wanted to go. They couldn't get enough of the rides and everything so we just figured out rides that would be warm.
Our little family together in front of the Walt Disney statue. We went on rides until the kids and I couldn't do anymore. At about ten even Spencer was exhausted. He was surprised I was still going since he knew how tired he was and my due date was only a few weeks away. I'll admit there were definitely times I hurt bad enough that I was crying. The combination of driving that far and walking around all day from morning to late at night took a toll on my body. It was definitely worth the pain though. I would do it all over again to be at the wedding with Lisa and Chris, and playing at Disneyland with my family.
Lisa and Christopher got married on the beach which was super fun. Here's a picture of them with all the nieces and nephews. Trying to get all of them to cooperate was interesting. You can see the two little boys are really happy about having a picture done. :)
Lisa with her nieces. These are the skirts I made. I can't get enough of Lisa in this dress. Gorgeous!
Lisa and Chris with their Just Married Mickey ears. They both work for Disney and love it so I had to include this picture. The next few are some beautiful pictures of the two of them on the beach.
Beach weddings are perfect for kids! This is what the kids were all doing while we waited to get started.
I love this picture! Honestly it's one of my favorites. I swear it could be in a magazine!
Walking over to do some pictures. Did I say how much I love how Lisa looks in this dress? :)
These guys are gorgeous together and seriously they are perfect for each other! They're so good to one another. I just wish they lived closer. :)
Haha this picture makes me laugh. They were so good to juggle the two crying boys. :)
She's so gorgeous! I love this girl!
After the wedding we of course let the kids play in the ocean. Yep every single one of them are in their clothes. Made for some super cute, fun pictures!
Lizzie didn't understand she could lift her skirt up without showing underwear. I tried to explain and it just didn't work.
My mom even got in on the action! Really who can pass up the ocean?
Julie and Colby's cute threesome walking to the ocean.
Steven with his two boys. Yep they got drenched! A change of clothes was definitely needed before the luncheon.
I love this shot of her running into the ocean.
This cake was oh so delicious!! I could have eaten just this for the entire day. I love the Mickey ears on the top. :) This next collage was all at the character breakfast. Even though it's pricey we knew this would be the highlight for the kids. Both of them took a minute to get used to the idea of seeing characters in real life, but eventually Lizzie was even asking for pictures and hugs. This didn't happen often, but it's a start for our little shy girl. Before breakfast Daniel loved playing with Chip. Although he didn't want Chip to get too close. He just wanted to chase him around and watch him. Lizzie got really worried when Hook came around though, especially when he "hooked" the back of Spencer's shirt. :) We had a blast at breakfast with Lisa, Chris, Julie, Colby, and their kids.
One of the only people Lizzie was really set on seeing was Tinkerbell so Julie and I took the girls to get in line. The boys finished Indiana Jones and joined us, but you can see it's not Jackson's favorite thing. He was a good sport though. They were able to meet Fawn and Tinkerbell. I was surprised, but it really was cool. I love the grins on the girls' faces. They were in heaven!Lizzie and I were often waiting for other people to finish rides, especially the first day. I couldn't go on several being that pregnant and Lizzie was always just a bit too short. She was a good sport most of the time. This picture was in the afternoon and she hadn't been on a ride in a while. She asked for the map and proceeded to figure out where she needed to go for the rides she wanted. Luckily she wouldn't just run off to find it. She said she was planning out where everyone should go after we were done waiting. I didn't think she understood the map, but she found the ride she was looking for...Alice and the teacups.
Lisa, Chris, and Julie with Daniel and Stockton playing on the boat in Toontown while we waited for the rest of the group to go on Gadget's Coaster.
This was at World of Color. I couldn't get a great picture because when the flash would start going off Lizzie would pull a weird face. Needless to say, she and Daniel (and the rest of us) loved watching it. Thanks to Lisa and Chris we were able to be in a good spot where we could all see the show.
The second day we went was raining off and on. One minute it would be pouring and freezing, the next nothing. Even when it wasn't raining it was definitely chilly though. We found Woody inside while we were waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush. You can see everyone's soaked. We stayed in here to dry off, eat lunch, and warm up. Spence and I wanted to go back to the hotel and warm the kids up since Daniel was freezing, but neither of them wanted to go. They couldn't get enough of the rides and everything so we just figured out rides that would be warm.
Our little family together in front of the Walt Disney statue. We went on rides until the kids and I couldn't do anymore. At about ten even Spencer was exhausted. He was surprised I was still going since he knew how tired he was and my due date was only a few weeks away. I'll admit there were definitely times I hurt bad enough that I was crying. The combination of driving that far and walking around all day from morning to late at night took a toll on my body. It was definitely worth the pain though. I would do it all over again to be at the wedding with Lisa and Chris, and playing at Disneyland with my family.


Fun pictures of Disneyland, the wedding and the beach. Looks like you had a good time :)
ReplyDelete