Today was a day I feel amazingly lucky to be the mom of these three amazing kids. It was a simple day, nothing too extraordinary. We did Halloween art this morning. Daniel loved rolling the paint covered marbles all over the black paper to create spider webs. Lizzie loved the spider webs, pumpkins, and crayon/watercolor combination. She couldn't stop at one regular pumpkin and so created a mini pumpkin book. Logan was happy watching the kids enjoy the art. Then we stopped at a few basic errands, the bank, dollar store, and Macey's. I told you it was a simple day. When we got home Lizzie helped with groceries and unloaded the dishwasher. Daniel jumped on couches, fell off them, played with the music, etc. We laughed with each other during lunch about anything they wanted to talk about. After nap time we made a pumpkin crumble. This is when the simplicity of the day suddenly hit me. I was dancing with Logan. Daniel was bouncing his head along with me while standing on the counter (yes I know it's not the most safe place to be, but I have to stop him from far more dangerous things). Lizzie was sitting at the table interviewing me about all my "most favorite" things as she put it. I of course knew she was doing this because she saw my birthday was coming up on the calendar. That's when I realized I'm the luckiest person in the world to just spend every day with these amazing little people. I know I often am not the mom they deserve, because they sure deserve someone as amazing as they are, but today was a good day. Even after this moment we had such a perfect, relaxed evening. We played outside in the wonderful weather with our neighbors. I held Logan while making dinner so no crying. :) Daniel asked for extra green beans for dinner even without ranch! Lizzie ate three helpings! Before you think it was amazing, it was just rice-a-roni with chicken, canned green beans, and canned peaches. Then we picked up toys, read scriptures, and the kids begged for more books. Yay! We only made it through two before Logan was ready for bed, but it's so great to have all of my kids love books as much as I do. It's been such a rewarding, spiritual day for me if that makes sense.
I loved reading about this experience. Thank you for sharing! And you are an amazing mom!
ReplyDeleteVery cool day, Debra! It is such a cool experience to have those times where you can stop and see how much God has blessed our lives, especially by adding kiddos to it. You are such a great mom and those kiddos will one day have that same experience where they will stop and realize how grateful they are for you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Thanks for sharing your happiness. I love to see you so happy. I've only been a mom for 3 weeks but I agree that motherhood is an amazing thing and I'm loving it!!
ReplyDelete