We've had a fun last month or so. I can't believe Logan's already one. Our cute little monkey is growing up way too fast! It's so funny, he does so many things that live up to his nickname. His crawl has always been up on his feet so he looks like a monkey in a jungle when he crawls through the grass. He learned how to stand on his own about three weeks after his birthday. He's always trying to go straight for the hard things. Instead of learning to stand by letting go of a couch or something, he went straight to standing up in the middle of the room. Kinda makes sense with how he's always crawled on his feet. Watching him stand up always makes me laugh. He tries to figure out how to balance, laugh, and clap for himself at the same time. I love watching his little brain work. He's so happy finally having everything we eat. No matter when he's eaten, if he sees or hears you eating, he'll come racing to steal it from you. He already gets mad if I try to feed him and wants to use silverware. His latest favorite game is to find anything he can and shove it down the stairs. Whenever I can't find anything I just have to look somewhere along the stairs. He can also crawl up and down the stairs as of a couple weeks ago. Lizzie and Daniel can always make him smile and laugh. I love watching Logan make himself bounce on the trampoline or spend hours putting things in and out of larger things. Whenever I get to the end of the yogurt cup he gets mad and steals the spoon and cup from me. Apparently I don't do as good of a job as he can. :) His first repeated word was "oo" for balloon. After all the balloons were gone he started transferring it to other words with the same sound like food. Now balloon is "boon". The biggest surprise for me is that he already loves to draw and scribble. Typically kids don't start scribbling until about 2. Daniel and Lizzie both started at closer to 18 months, but he's been trying to draw since about 11 months. It's so fun to watch the three kids together. I love seeing how much they love being together. On a side note the house is in a constant state of mess due to our resident monkey. He gets into even more things than Daniel ever did. I'm lucky that Daniel and Lizzie are usually willing to help clean up after their crazy little brother.
Oh Daniel, Daniel, Daniel. Five weeks ago he was playing on the couch with Lizzie, jumping off to grab balloons that were hanging in the air. Normally he would have been completely fine, after all he is usually so agile. This time however, the couch would take him down. As he went to jump the cushion on top of the couch shifted the opposite way he was expecting. He landed on his right arm and followed that up with his head on top of it. I could tell something was more wrong than normal because he's our double jointed boy that twiddles his fingers constantly. This was probably the first time I've seen his hand so still. On top of that, there was a definite dent in his arm. Later I would notice a bruise on his eyebrow which is when I realized his head is what really broke his arm. As we drove to the instacare Daniel continued to cry (really who wouldn't?), but Lizzie, the awesome big sister she is, knew exactly how to make him laugh so he stopped thinking about it. The doctor and nurses were amazed at how well he would sit still for them. Even when the doctor pushed right on where he could feel the break, he didn't even wince. So after the weekend he got a blue cast on and again sat perfectly for the doctor who said he only needed it for two weeks. Fast forward three weeks, he's had the cast off for a week, hasn't been using his right hand much at all and cries if you grab his arm (not hard mind you, just grab it like I'm lifting him). We're playing at a playground when suddenly Daniel's screaming. I scoop him up and try calming him down. He's always been intense, but I can usually calm him down within ten seconds. Nothing's working so I ask him to wiggle his fingers. He can. Then I ask him to squeeze my finger. He squeezes my fingers with his left hand. I keep trying to get him to squeeze with his hurt arm and he wouldn't so I knew we needed to get back in. Also a big clue was the fact that he didn't cry this hard when he first broke it. Needless to say the doctor was as surprised as I was that the other place took the cast off after two weeks. Daniel's arm did show healing, but because it wasn't completely healed he had broken it completely through at the playground. Luckily they had a green Mr. Grinch cast (which just means green, but he's obsessed with Mr. Grinch), otherwise I don't know how I would have calmed him down about getting a cast back on. Add in Daddy drawing a zombie and sunflower on it and he's surprisingly happy about it. So now he's got this cast for four weeks. Every day he talks about what he'll do when the doctor takes it off. I think swimming his highest on his list right now. :) The pictures are right before and after he got the first cast off and the third is when he got the current green cast.
We were finally able to get sealed together at the Provo temple! Spence and I have written extensive journals on the day already, but I wanted to put just a bit up on the blog too for those of you who would like to see more pics. This decision came after years of praying and thinking about what would be right for our family. It was such an amazing day to be with our closest family and friends. I think the kids have added "thank you for being sealed together" as a requirement for any prayer. Daniel is always asking about the "big fat temple". Everything lately that's big is automatically called big and fat. :) I have gained an even stronger testimony watching the kids as the sealing came closer. Without Spencer nor I saying anything about how amazing the temple is, Daniel and Lizzie would always get so excited to be a family forever. To me it showed how no matter how young we are, our spirits know what that means. Our spirits know we want to be with each other forever. I'm so grateful for the example Spencer and my kids set for me. I'm overwhelmed by the idea that I get to be their mother and wife each day. Heavenly Father has entrusted these amazing little spirits to come into our home. No matter what, even on my worst day, that helps me to push to be better the next day. (Pay no attention to the squinting, the sun was shining right in our eyes.)
I love that we caught this moment. Lizzie just decided to sit by the water like this. Love that cute little girl!
Cute little birthday boy and his cake before family came over.
Playing with a ball from Lizzie and Daniel after his bath.
Did I ever mention how obsessed he is with sugar? Makes sense since I craved sugar the whole time I was pregnant or nursing and that's saying something for me.Oh Daniel, Daniel, Daniel. Five weeks ago he was playing on the couch with Lizzie, jumping off to grab balloons that were hanging in the air. Normally he would have been completely fine, after all he is usually so agile. This time however, the couch would take him down. As he went to jump the cushion on top of the couch shifted the opposite way he was expecting. He landed on his right arm and followed that up with his head on top of it. I could tell something was more wrong than normal because he's our double jointed boy that twiddles his fingers constantly. This was probably the first time I've seen his hand so still. On top of that, there was a definite dent in his arm. Later I would notice a bruise on his eyebrow which is when I realized his head is what really broke his arm. As we drove to the instacare Daniel continued to cry (really who wouldn't?), but Lizzie, the awesome big sister she is, knew exactly how to make him laugh so he stopped thinking about it. The doctor and nurses were amazed at how well he would sit still for them. Even when the doctor pushed right on where he could feel the break, he didn't even wince. So after the weekend he got a blue cast on and again sat perfectly for the doctor who said he only needed it for two weeks. Fast forward three weeks, he's had the cast off for a week, hasn't been using his right hand much at all and cries if you grab his arm (not hard mind you, just grab it like I'm lifting him). We're playing at a playground when suddenly Daniel's screaming. I scoop him up and try calming him down. He's always been intense, but I can usually calm him down within ten seconds. Nothing's working so I ask him to wiggle his fingers. He can. Then I ask him to squeeze my finger. He squeezes my fingers with his left hand. I keep trying to get him to squeeze with his hurt arm and he wouldn't so I knew we needed to get back in. Also a big clue was the fact that he didn't cry this hard when he first broke it. Needless to say the doctor was as surprised as I was that the other place took the cast off after two weeks. Daniel's arm did show healing, but because it wasn't completely healed he had broken it completely through at the playground. Luckily they had a green Mr. Grinch cast (which just means green, but he's obsessed with Mr. Grinch), otherwise I don't know how I would have calmed him down about getting a cast back on. Add in Daddy drawing a zombie and sunflower on it and he's surprisingly happy about it. So now he's got this cast for four weeks. Every day he talks about what he'll do when the doctor takes it off. I think swimming his highest on his list right now. :) The pictures are right before and after he got the first cast off and the third is when he got the current green cast.
We were finally able to get sealed together at the Provo temple! Spence and I have written extensive journals on the day already, but I wanted to put just a bit up on the blog too for those of you who would like to see more pics. This decision came after years of praying and thinking about what would be right for our family. It was such an amazing day to be with our closest family and friends. I think the kids have added "thank you for being sealed together" as a requirement for any prayer. Daniel is always asking about the "big fat temple". Everything lately that's big is automatically called big and fat. :) I have gained an even stronger testimony watching the kids as the sealing came closer. Without Spencer nor I saying anything about how amazing the temple is, Daniel and Lizzie would always get so excited to be a family forever. To me it showed how no matter how young we are, our spirits know what that means. Our spirits know we want to be with each other forever. I'm so grateful for the example Spencer and my kids set for me. I'm overwhelmed by the idea that I get to be their mother and wife each day. Heavenly Father has entrusted these amazing little spirits to come into our home. No matter what, even on my worst day, that helps me to push to be better the next day. (Pay no attention to the squinting, the sun was shining right in our eyes.)
I love that we caught this moment. Lizzie just decided to sit by the water like this. Love that cute little girl!
Two of my handsome boys. :)
Family and friends who came to the sealing. I think the only ones that had left were our two bishops and their wives that had been with us through this whole process.
Just can't get enough of these amazing munchkins!
I'm not sure who caught this picture with my camera, but I love it! I'm usually the one taking pictures so I don't get many like this.
This is a family pic with Jerah, my best friend since second grade. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment