Friday, February 26, 2010

Disneyland

I've got lots of pictures to post that I love so we'll see how many make it. We just got back a week ago from Disneyland with Spencer's family. It was tons of fun and we got to visit Lisa for a bit as well. Although she got a major cold, which I think I have now, but we still had fun. As always Lizzie was great. She slept long enough for us to go on the bigger rides and started getting into some of the rides she could go on. The only way we could tell is that when we'd get off she'd keep asking to go on them again. Her favorite was definitely the Tiki room again. She was yelling, laughing, and jumping around so much that other people started watching her for the entertainment instead of the birds. Her favorite ride was just the simple carousel. She did like Mr. Potatohead talking to the crowd.
She hated any personal attention from any character which we could have guessed based on her reaction to Cosmo. She literally leaped from my mom's arms over me and Spence to my dad because Cosmo came by her. Anywho, by the end of the trip she was ok with the characters as long as they didn't try to talk to her specifically. She liked watching them from a distance, especially when Stitch and Mickey were dancing at breakfast.
Of course we had to get a picture with Lego Indiana Jones! I have to admit it was pretty cool, but holy cow that shirt really did look huge! Spence was right, it made me look a lot more pregnant than I am.
The beach was Spence's favorite part. His sister Jen has a better picture of why. All the boys "accidentally" got wet enough that they decided to go swimming in regular clothes and just abandoned their shirts. Keep in mind the ocean is freezing even in the summer. Needless to say the girls stayed high enough to not get soaked or freezing. :) Spence's mom has a great picture of me, Spence, and Lizzie with the sun behind us like this one is, but I don't have that one yet so I'll post it later.This is what Lizzie did at the beach. She loved the sand, but the waves scared her. Every time she thought she knew where they were the waves would suddenly come up higher and surprise her. She spent half the time throwing sand and the other half yelling at the waves. Also she was totally stressed by all the boys choosing to be in the crazy water that kept moving on her. At least she had fun with the sand though.

1 comment:

  1. What a great vacation! I still have never been to Disneyland, or the beach. Brian's family's reunion is in CA this summer and I finally get to see the ocean! I'm way excited. Little Lizzie looks so cute! And that sunset picture is awesome. I can't wait to see the one of the family.

    ReplyDelete