Monday, March 8, 2010
Tax Refunds
I just went shopping today with our tax refund. Don't worry, most of it is going straight to college loans and paying off Spence's computer. We did need a couple things though that I was excited about. First we finally got Lizzie an outdoor toy, a slide! She loves slides and would live outside if we let her. So now she doesn't have to just play in the firepit, which she really does do. Not with the fire of course, but she just climbs down the steps and runs around it. We figured she deserved an outside toy. I got a brush/blow dryer thing to do her hair. She lets me do her hair now so I figure I should get her in the habit. Plus her hair is just getting thick and long enough to blow it dry. We got new pans, since the bottom is flaking off on all of ours. I know iron can be a good thing, but I think we've had enough, but what do you expect from a pan set that was under $30. Now I haven't the foggiest idea how to pick out a good pan set, hence the last one falling apart. I figured if they were super cheap, then that probably reflected the quality at least somewhat. It's probably sad to say, but I bought our new pan set based on a name and price of course. At Walmart they had a Paula Deen set for about $100. I compared to other ones they had, but I figured she's a cook and they had a limited lifetime warranty. Spence and I love 'em and can't wait to cook in them. Incidentally we were so late tonight we had to just grab pizza so Lizzie could eat before bed. :) Watch out for dinner tomorrow though! We hit up Home Depot for blinds for our downstairs windows. We could only get white for the cheapest so I'll have to think of ways that will match white blinds, but add color to our rooms down there. Any ideas let me know! Incidentally Spencer's actors for his next film broke his phone, which already sucked, but we had to go get him a phone too. Lastly, when we get the state refund we'll probably use some for a bed set cause we need drawers badly! Anywho, I just had a fun day so thought I'd blog about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on having a boy. You'll love it. Our boys could live outside as well, and they love having a slide too
ReplyDelete