Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daddy/Daughter singing and "You!!"

Spence keeps learning new songs on his guitar and Lizzie absolutely loves singing with him. She never knows the words, but just sings "lalala" to the tune. She's been doing it for a while, but today was pretty cute. Her favorite is when he plays (and sings) Hey Soul Sister by Train. He's been busy the last couple days, but in the car today the song came on the radio. She got super hyper excited in the back seat yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" As soon as the song ended she started screaming and crying. Not sure if she thought it was daddy or what, but I could tell she wanted to see him. Luckily his meetings ended early today so they played around for a while. Some of you, ok I'm sure all of you, don't understand why I put the "you!" in the title. Lizzie's new favorite book is The Monster at the End of This Book. If you've never read it, trust me, you've got to. It's so much fun for adults and little kids. About every other page Grover yells at the reader "You turned another page!" This is of course her favorite part so now she goes around yelling "you!" all the time and laughing at herself. She just kills us every day with all the crazy things she does.

2 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute. You'll have to videotape those things so we can see them the next time we come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love this age... they are so full of wonder and excitement over things like singing with daddy. You should get some video of it... you'll be glad you did. I love the Monster at the end of the book. My kids have all LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete