

We made strawberry jam the other day and it was delicious! So I tried to avoid your problem of too much Chantel, but I looked at the back of the box and ended up buying way too many strawberries for freezer jam. I had to do the same thing and go back to get more pectin and whoa that was a lot of sugar. Lizzie loved it. I had to watch her close though cause every time I turned around she was trying to cut the stems off. She was actually really careful the one time I turned around and she was doing it, but still knives are not the best toy. Along the way she kept trying to eat everything too. Getting the jam into the jars was interesting since she'd eat a handful of jam out of them. Luckily I spilled a little on the counter and she spent the time cleaning/eating it. As you can see, she was super excited when we finished. We had to all try a piece of toast with it immediately. Man it has been too long since I've had homemade strawberry freezer jam. Lizzie's next favorite sport, of course baseball! Sadly she only has one more game we can go to for free. I might have some tantrums in my future. :) It's crazy, she'll boo the umps and cheer for the homeruns. Of course she doesn't much care which team is doing well. Although I noticed when we went to another game with my sister's family she was a bit upset the cougars weren't playing. Her favorite things about the games are Brandon Relf (she loves saying his last name), the sound effects they play over the speakers, the food (popcorn, hot dogs, and ice cream), and singing Sweet Caroline between the seventh and eighth innings. The whole way home the other night she kept singing the bom, bom, bom and so good, so good parts. Guess we'll have to buy it off itunes for her.



We just switched her to a bed and you can see how ecstatic she is. So far we haven't had any problems as long as we sing some songs to her before we close her door. By the way Julie, the no toys in the room I think helped a lot. We just leave a couple books for her to look at. She did wake up in the middle of night crying cause she rolled off the bed. I don't know how she moves around so much when she sleeps. We'll see if she just needs to get used to a bed, but we might put something on the edge if she keeps falling off so we don't have to get up every night. With the semester over we've been able to spend a lot more time with Spence. He's still looking for a full-time job before August. In the meantime he keeps filming as much as he can and doing a lot of freelance work. I've been doing good. Only a week and a half until school's out! I've just been cleaning up my classroom and rearranging the house since Jamison moved out. It's amazing how much space we have in that room. Steven did an awesome job with the downstairs. Two months left before the new little one is here and I can't wait! I'm so done with heartburn, sleeping sitting up halfway, and nausea. Ok so I know it's not as bad as other people, but for some reason this little guy knows how to move and make me nauseous from it. I'm finally getting over my third cold too. He definitely has been harder than Lizzie, but with Lizzie the only sign I was even pregnant was the fact that my stomach got bigger. She was super easy. Overall I really am still feeling really good though.

Couldn't help but snag this picture. Lizzie had a cold so Spence stayed home with her and this is how I found them when I got home from work.
I love that you actually made it! You used the same jars as me too! I love that jam...and I laughed when you had the same experience as me with making more than planned ( : We have one of the kids bed safety railings on Parker's bed so that he won't fall off. I love her quilt on her blanket. Good luck to Spencer finding a job.
ReplyDeleteGlad the no toys thing helped. I just am glad we did that and then gradually put things back into his room. We lined the floor with a couple of pillows because he did that once. After that he fell a couple more times but he wasn't hurt and we just put him back in bed.
ReplyDeleteAh! The thought of all those strawberries makes my mouth water, I miss them! I can't believe how grown up your little girl is getting, and what a character! Congrats on being almost done with school, and almost done with your pregnancy! Will you be able to stay home next year?
ReplyDeleteHow cute is she? I love her new bed. And it's great she is doing so well too. Bonus! I love the strawberry jam! I haven't made it, but I have enjoyed Chantel's. LOL!
ReplyDelete