We just went to the doctor today for Daniel's two month check-up. Poor guy is not liking his shots. Lizzie cared when they did them, but was fine after and he's just the opposite. He's our little chub, 11 lb 11 oz and 22 in. He's already into 3-6 month clothes, but we only have newborn and 0-3 month so he's kinda hanging out all over the place. He's just such a cutie. Not much is new with him though because he's been smiling and laughing from day one. I guess he does it more now. He was laughing at the fight scenes in Star Trek while I was watching it. Of course he couldn't really see it so he must have been laughing at the sounds. His sleeping is getting a bit better. It's not quite so sporadic. At night he usually sleeps from 9-6 and wakes up at 1 or 2 to eat. Then after playing for about 30 min. he goes back to sleep until after we're done with our jog at 9:30. Both the kids got colds so he struggles a lot with breathing, but hopefully they'll start getting over it. Lizzie is officially potty training as of Friday. She got a blister this last week from having a diaper on so I decided the diapers were gone. Overall she's done pretty good as long as I had her try frequently, but today was awesome. She went the entire day without one accident and we ran errands too. She didn't even go in her diaper during nap time. It was hard at first because rewards don't really work for her. I had to keep switching it up because she doesn't care for sweets all that much. Chips and goldfish were the best, but luckily for us she's definitely an intrinsically motivated kid. She just needed a few days to make her muscles do what she wanted them to. Hopefully this intrinsic motivation stays with her through school. That would be awesome!
Monday, September 20, 2010
2 months, potty training, and a couple pics
We just went to the doctor today for Daniel's two month check-up. Poor guy is not liking his shots. Lizzie cared when they did them, but was fine after and he's just the opposite. He's our little chub, 11 lb 11 oz and 22 in. He's already into 3-6 month clothes, but we only have newborn and 0-3 month so he's kinda hanging out all over the place. He's just such a cutie. Not much is new with him though because he's been smiling and laughing from day one. I guess he does it more now. He was laughing at the fight scenes in Star Trek while I was watching it. Of course he couldn't really see it so he must have been laughing at the sounds. His sleeping is getting a bit better. It's not quite so sporadic. At night he usually sleeps from 9-6 and wakes up at 1 or 2 to eat. Then after playing for about 30 min. he goes back to sleep until after we're done with our jog at 9:30. Both the kids got colds so he struggles a lot with breathing, but hopefully they'll start getting over it. Lizzie is officially potty training as of Friday. She got a blister this last week from having a diaper on so I decided the diapers were gone. Overall she's done pretty good as long as I had her try frequently, but today was awesome. She went the entire day without one accident and we ran errands too. She didn't even go in her diaper during nap time. It was hard at first because rewards don't really work for her. I had to keep switching it up because she doesn't care for sweets all that much. Chips and goldfish were the best, but luckily for us she's definitely an intrinsically motivated kid. She just needed a few days to make her muscles do what she wanted them to. Hopefully this intrinsic motivation stays with her through school. That would be awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are so cute. I wish my kids would potty train better. They say it's harder with boys, but who knows. Do you need some 3-6 month clothes? I know I have a ton, and could easily give you a bunch. Just let me know.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the potty training, sounds like she is doing great. What cute kids! Lizzie is a mini-you.
ReplyDeletePotty training is no fun. It took Parker about 3 weeks to catch on, but when he did, it was night and day difference with accidents. Frequent to very rare. We potty trained cold turkey though, underwear 24/7. I'm glad we did it that way...no diapers/pull-ups was nice and Parker did best with it that way. That baby boy has the cutest chubby cheeks! I want to come pat them!
ReplyDelete