Saturday, November 7, 2009
Birthday!
Thursday was such a great day to have a birthday. I planned my day at school so I was ready for the sub that had to come on Friday. The kids had earned a read-a-thon so we did that most of the day. The kids were great. When I came back in from recess they had all hid around the room and tried to surprise me. Then we had our monthly reading party. I was in charge and we made these turkeys out of oranges, golf tees, gum drops, toothpicks, and pipe cleaners. They turned out great, but I totally forgot to take my camera. If I make some on my own I'll post them. After school got out I came home to a clean house, thanks to Spencer. I still don't think he realizes how much that really meant to me, just to come home and actually see him and the clean house. He didn't schedule any shoots so we went out to Carabba's which is my favorite restaurant, except they didn't have creme brulee which kinda made me mad. Oh wells the other food was great! I had a gift card from one of my students so we went to Walmart and got a couple games, new shirt, and some pecan pie for dessert. Not only did I get to spend Thursday with Spencer, but we went to Andrea's play on Friday. It was so great to be able to just relax with him during the day and not just see him in the morning. The play was Beauty and the Beast. Lizzie thought the Beast floating in the air was pretty funny. She just woke up for the last fight scene. I love going to plays. It's fun to feel like you're a part of what's happening. Lizzie obviously liked it too. Hopefully Spence's shoot today gets done and we can hang out this evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday, by the way! Glad you got some 'down time'. That sometimes is better than anything else! I hope you get to have a fun evening as well. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You have some awesome students!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a good birthday. Love you tons.
ReplyDelete