Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Valentine

I never posted for Valentine's Day so I thought I'd just jot down a few quick things we did.  I made pink heart shaped pancakes with pink scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I don't advise doing the pink scrambled eggs though because unless you mix it super duper good the red food coloring kind looks like blood.  Anyway, then I mostly just played with Lizzie and Daniel all day because as always Spencer was working and had to study for tests.  He was able to come up and have dinner with us though.  We got some sparkling peach-cider, which is sooo yummy.  I did an easy dinner with lasagna and french bread.  Simple, but we never really do a lot for Valentine's.  We will be doing a big fondue night with Spencer's family next week so that'll kind of be a date.  One of these days, when Spence finishes school in April, we'll go on a date, but until then we just enjoy the time we get to be together at home.  Spencer does so much for us.  I'm amazed at how he does it all.  I try to help him with school whenever I can, but he just keeps so busy.  He'll be applying for internships in the next couple weeks so he could end up in New York or California for the summer.  I am officially not going back to teaching, at least for a bit.  We talked about it and just decided that our reason for me stopping is still here, our kids.  We neither one like the idea that if we're both working, other people spend more time with our kids than we do.  The other day Spence gave me one of the best compliments.  I was joking around with his family saying that I love my new calling (which I do) and that they'll probably release me soon because I've already learned to love it.  He said there was no way I was going to get released because I was the best primary chorister he's ever seen.  I make it fun and keep the kids in check so they're reverent.  Not that I'm trying to say I'm the best chorister.  I'm sure I have a lot to learn, but this really meant a lot to me because I always feel somewhat inadequate where the gospel's concerned.  Not in my own testimony of course, but the guys go on missions and it feels like they just know so much more about the scriptures and things like that.  Anyway it just really meant a lot for him to take notice of how well he thought I was fulfilling my calling.  I know it's not me and I'm just a tool, but I'm loving every minute of it.  I love every day I get to be with Spence.  I can't even put into words how much he means to me so here are the lyrics from our song.

We should get jerseys 'cause we make a good team
But yours would look better than mine 'cause you're out of my league

And I know that it's so cliched to tell you that everyday
I spend with you is the new best day of my life
And everyone watching us just turns away with disgust
This jealously, they can see that we've got it going on

I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know, you're more to me than what I know how to say
You're okay with the way this is going to be
'Cause this is going to be the best thing we've ever seen

If anyone could make me a better person, you could
All I gotta say is I must have done something good
You came along one day and you rearranged my life
All I gotta say is I must have done something right
I must have done something right

And maybe I'm just lucky 'cause it's hard to believe
Believe that somebody like you'd end up with someone like me

And I know that it's so cliched to talk about you this way
But I'll push all my inhibitions aside
It's so very obvious to everyone watching us
That we have got something real good going on.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to so much of what you said! Someday we'll get to go out on real dates, but for now any time we get with them is great! I am happy you get to stay home with your kids, I am sure it can be a tough choice sometimes. And I have no doubt that you are a fabulous primary chorister!!!

    ReplyDelete