Daniel's spitting up is getting way better! All thanks to Melissa giving me some formula to try, which worked wonders. He still spits up a bit, but nowhere near as much as before. Thanks to solid foods my boy is soooo happy! All he wants to do is eat and sleep all day. Leaving him to cry and making him take the pacifier has really paid off. This is a typical day for him.
- Wake up at 6, eat 8 oz.
- An hour later he eats a big bowl of rice cereal mixed with fruit.
- Nap at 9-11, not always that long, but close.
- Another 6 oz bottle,
- an hour later 1/2 jar of veggies, 1/2 jar of fruit, plus crackers and stuff he can chew on (no teeth yet)
- nap at 1-3
- 6 oz bottle
- a couple hours later the rest of the veggies and fruit, plus more crackers and stuff
- an hour later 8 oz bottle
- bed from 8-6
There are also random times he just wants to chew on something so he gets snacks. I've tried offering teething type things, but his eyes are only for food. Toys don't even motivate him to crawl or anything. Food is all he ever wants, but at least he's happy and I'm no longer sleep deprived! He's sitting now, but still not too worried about crawling. He's so focused on being able to eat that he chews through things that Lizzie had a hard time with even when she had a few teeth. I've been giving him toddler snacks because he goes through the baby ones way too fast. I just have to watch to make sure he doesn't choke. If I give him a vegetable he likes or any fruit he'll easily eat an entire jar in about two minutes. Sometimes I have to give him something to chew on, like a cracker, so he has food for in between bites. Otherwise he screams at me for not feeding him fast enough. Seriously, he sees food and even if it's only been a half hour since he ate, he'll frantically reach for it like he's been starving for weeks. I think it's funny that eating wise he's ahead of stuff he should be doing, but physical wise he could care less about crawling. It's a good thing he's likely to have a high metabolism from both of our families. Otherwise I think he might be a future contestant on Biggest Loser. :)
Here are a few pictures from my phone so they're not the best quality. Daniel is of course eating, the messy goober.
Couldn't quite catch them both smiling at the same time.
I love their smiles. They're just so happy and LOVE being together.
That's so awesome about his sleeping! I bet it's a world of difference how happy he is and how happy YOU are!! Yay!!
ReplyDelete