Lightning delay and rain delay don't normally make for a great game, but oh did they on Thursday. As the players started to take the field, they were called back to the dugouts due to lightning. Of course then the rain started. Everyone waited to see if the boys would play. Little did we know we were in for the most interesting game. The score was 6-3 for Air Force even before the real game started. How? That's the best part. The teams put on skits for the crowd! I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. If you can find any of these on youtube you'll see. I wish I would have remembered my camera so I'd have them recorded. Air Force took a quick lead with one player walking on his hands up the stairs and dancing around. He did this so perfectly that I didn't realize his clothes were just on upside down until I couldn't find his head anywhere. Of course I thought this was a one time thing, but then two more AF players come out with cups pretending they're paddles. They started playing an imaginary ping pong battle. Whoa it was intense! Four AF players come out next with batting helmets on and sit down in a row. It was a bobsled! They acted out the whole course, turning in unison, and of course winning the run. Finally BYU answered back with a bowling skit. Cosmo and some of the players were the pins while another player bowled a basketball. It was a near strike, but Cosmo of course stayed standing and continued into a breakdancing routine. Then an AF player wiggled around on the ground like a fish while his teammates stood in the shape of a boat, using bats as oars. They went "fishing" for the other player and of course posed for a picture when they captured him. That was one big fish! BYU got out the huge brooms and did a curling skit on the soaked tarp covering the field. The player who was supposed to be the stone slid across the freezing water. Brrr! AF decided to do a baton pass. The best part about this is that they were taking really fast baby steps like they were running in place. Then BYU did a commercial for the shake-a-weight. They made a circle around one player who was bit bigger, showing him using the weight. Then he ducked beneath the people and suddenly a very ripped player emerges. They announced the shake-a-weight for a solution to those Relief Society arms. AF held on to their lead though with one player singing I Will Survive while a group of the rest did the electric slide. I know this description probably doesn't do it justice, but I loved it! Hopefully you can get a little taste of the entertainment these bored baseball players gave us.
No comments:
Post a Comment