Saturday, May 7, 2011

Random pictures and updates

Whew a lot of pictures.  I can't believe how much has happened during this month.  That's probably why it's taken me so long to update anything.  I haven't seemed to have a minute of down time that I wasn't spending with Spence and the kids.  The last couple nights he's been on film shoots so I made it my goal to get this updated.  I love having a blog.  It's like a combination of journal and photo album.
 Daniel being such a cute little dufus. :)
 Man, I just can't get enough of these two.  They love to be together.  Lizzie's starting calling Daniel "my baby".  After a tantrum we finally explained he's our son and her brother so he's OUR baby.  Seeing their grins when they see each other after nap is so fun!  You'd think they hadn't seen each other for years.  The rare times they're baby-sat  Lizzie always makes sure we're leaving Daniel with her.
Notice the blue chalk on his face.  Yep Lizzie drew all over him while I got lunch ready.
Our double date with Jamison and Jess.  This was so much fun to enjoy time with some friends and not be trying to feed Daniel at the same time.  We struggled with pictures cause we were on the very top row and tried to get the Jazz game in the pics.  The four of us have had a lot of late nights this semester.  Jess and I on our own because Jamison and Spence were editing commercials, doing homework, and on film shoots.  I'm so grateful for the friendship we have with them as well as friends and family who baby-sat for us to go.  Yes, if you can't tell Spence is growing his hair out.  I'm surprised, but I really have liked it.
 After getting our tax refund we decided to go out to eat.  Something we've missed, a lot!  I hate budgeting, but what can you do?  Until that unknown dead great uncle shows up giving us a million dollars, we'll continue budgeting.  We can keep Daniel happy with a straw for about an hour, cute little bugger.
Lizzie's still our little corn on the cob loving girl.  She gets mad if I only give her one, the silly girl.
 My first french braid!  Thanks definitely go to Natalie for teaching me.  Talking to Hannah tonight she was impressed since I used to say I'd never know what to do with girl's hair.  I totally forgot about that, but yes I am definitely hair challenged so this is quite an accomplishment.
 
 We are loving Bountiful Baskets!  Here's one week we got it.  I love how much we get and how great it tastes.  Especially with prices today it really saves us a bunch while keeping us eating healthy.
 Don't ask me what she's wearing, but I couldn't miss this picture.  If you've been here in Utah you probably understand.  The weather's definitely been cold enough for warm hats.  Oh before I forget, see the cooler?  It was left outside after our fort making day, filled up with water from storms, and became "soup" for Lizzie.  One of her favorite things to do is pretend to make dinner.  This particular soup was quite nasty.  I'll have to record her sometime.  She says the funniest things during her pretend play.
Best day ever!!  We took this picture right after Spence finished his last final.  Wahoo!
 Here we are painting our house blue.  Spence and I have had some great talks the last couple weeks.  We've both realized we don't want to waste our time here.  We only get one life down here.  We might as well make the most of it.  Basically, carpe diem!  Don't worry, we're not being reckless (remember budget?).  Anyway I've wanted color in our house for a while so while wandering Lowe's we thought "Make it blue!".
Best painter ever!  She loved it! Spence got some super cute pictures, but I can't figure out where they are on his computer.
 Already playing with Daddy's film equipment.  Love that grin!
 Finally some pants that don't fall off her bum thanks to Gap and mini skinny jeans!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a lot going on. Easter looked great! I liked your baskets. Great job! I like the blue paint! You should take an after picture and post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over your kids' eyes! So beautiful!!! It is good to spend time with your family, and not so much online! Maybe when we are done with med school I will do the same ha ha. And I love the braids in Lizzie's hair!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete