Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lizzie, the tub, and toilet

Thanks so much to all of you. It helped to know that even if my friends aren't right here, you are still out there. And I was right the next day was better. It always is. Spence is always so good to deal with my ups and downs. I don't know how he deals with everything I ask of him. Anywho, on to LizzieJane. She used the toilet for the first time today! Not that we're potty training. I really don't think we're anywhere near that, but she's had problems with constipation since about six monthsish. We've been giving her miralax ever since. The beginning of October was when the doctor wanted us to slowly drop her amount like 1/2 teaspoon every two weeks. This last week has been kind of bad because she's down to just 1/2 teaspoon so her body's having to adjust. She was all flexed in the tub and looked upset so I asked her if she wanted to go in the toilet. She nodded her head like crazy, next thing we knew she was done and we didn't have to drain the tub! This is cause for excitement because with her constipation she always goes during her bath so we've had to clean a TON of messy tubs. Yuck!

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand the constipation issues and kdis! We have Josh on like 3-4 meds a day for it. I hate it!!! I hope she can adjust and you don't have to keep using the mirolax...it's so expensive!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my kids had that problem as well. Both of them had it begin when they were just two or three months old. That is not fun. Kysaija started Potty training herself because of it. But she was already to when she decided to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is yuck. The few times Parker's done it i've hated it! Yea for her! Parker will be 3 in a couple of months and he still will not go potty on the toilet. he'll sit on it forever and think it's so cool, but not once has anything come out. frustrating!

    ReplyDelete