Thursday, June 17, 2010

The end of swimming lessons and a target range

Today was the last day of Lizzie's swimming lessons and she loved it! She did great at kicking and swimming with her arms, but doesn't like being on her back. No surprise there. She's never even done that in the tub. She's always hated being on her back. I'll try to get some pics of her swimming sometime this summer. I was always there in the water with her so I couldn't get any yet. She had so much fun showing Spencer all the things she learned. Too bad it was still cold today. We were going to stay and play, but she was freezing even though she kept on swimming back and forth between the big snake and alligator. Spence decided to take the day off to play with us though so we came home and after her nap he set up a shooting range for his many dart guns. Of course the alien toys were all the monsters we had to kill. Every time he shot a dart Lizzie'd jump in the air and yell "whoa!" It really was crazy. We had to move from one area to the next like a video game or something. There were four sections: pistols, rifles, machine guns, and grenades/rockets. Lizzie loved throwing the balls/grenades at the stuffed animals that were set up. After setting it up a few times I sat down in the middle of it and Spence and Lizzie decided they had to save me from the monsters. She was racing around finding darts for her dad while I just sat there getting shot at. All in all a pretty fun day acting like we were ten again.

No comments:

Post a Comment