Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pillowcase Game

Ok so this week Lizzie would not stop yelling during church. She wanted to sing at the top of her lungs Sweet Caroline and yell Amen! to everyone speaking. I decided our family home evening lesson would be on how to act during sacrament meeting, specifically whisper voices vs. loud voices. Spence put a bunch of her toys in a pillowcase and explained the rules to her. He would sit across the room and if he could hear her tell me what each toy was then he'd get her. We both figured she'd think that was the funny part, him tickling her, so I was hoping it would work. As I pulled out toys she got more excited about her favorite ones and slipped up once, but Spence kinda gave her a chance to try again. From then on she whispered every one. It was so funny though cause she loves the game. When she's whispering she gets this total serious look on her face. She whispered the whole time so I told her she could yell to wake daddy up. Now we can't get her to stop asking to play the game. Hopefully it'll carry over to church next Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I need to remember that one for in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative idea! I might need to play that with Josh- sometimes I swear he doesn't know how to whisper bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete