A typical picture of Daniel sleeping.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Daniel Rahn Scanlon!
So we went in on Wednesday morning at 6 AM and by 7 they had started me on petocin. Yeah, have no idea how to spell that. :) Towards the end his heart rate was dropping to 60 during contractions so they backed off the petocin a bit and he was born at 6:39 that night. He was 7 lb 5 oz and 19 1/2 in. So compared to Lizzie he looks huge. He doesn't really like to be awake all that much. Lizzie was awake from the beginning, but he sleeps a lot more. So far he's been a pretty easy baby though. I'm just hoping that continues. I'm doing great. Me and Spence were laughing that probably no one in the store today had any idea that I just had a baby, but that's partly cause I've always had a kinda chubby stomach. :) I've only got 5 more pounds to go. I just love being able to breathe again and not have my back ache and stuff like that. It's such a relief to have him here on the outside. Spence loves snuggling up to him, unfortunately Daniel likes it just as much and I have to wake him up to feed him. Lizzie loves having "baby brudder" here. She gets kinda possessive when other people are holding him, especially if other kids are around. I guess she wants to make sure they know he's her little brother and not theirs. She gives us reports on everything he's doing or needs. We'll see how it goes as we're home though.
A typical picture of Daniel sleeping.
She always smiled right before the picture, but she loves holding and patting him.
A rare picture of him awake!
With Grandma Jackson, awake because he was super hungry.
First few hours home he and Daddy slept on the floor and then the couch.
A typical picture of Daniel sleeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahh.. how cute is that??? He is so adorable! I am glad to hear everything went well and he is here safely! Take lot's of pictures!
ReplyDeleteLook i can post a comment again! It has been fun to see your blog posts!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is such a cutie! You have always been such a positive person! I will have to try to be positive like you and go shopping after I have a baby rather than stay inside and be lazy with the excuse of " I just had a baby!" ha. Can't wait to see more!
He's so beautiful. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He's adorable and I'm really glad you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable. Can't wait to see him in person. Love you guys and make sure you are still taking care of yourself. You just had a baby remember!
ReplyDelete