Friday, July 9, 2010

sewing skills and Lizzie's stats

So here's a picture of the nursing apron I made. I figured I wanted to try this since I was not so coordinated with blankets, plus they were way too hot in the summer. I followed someone's blog and I feel pretty crafty. For those of you who don't know, I am legally retarded when it comes to sewing. Like seriously bad, I don't understand any kind of sewing lingo. My mom helped me translate anything that didn't make sense. Surprisingly most of it made sense though. It also helped that almost the entire thing was straight lines. I can usually handle a straight line, USUALLY. :) I think it helped that at no point did I push the pedal down as far as it would go. That's also part of my problem with sewing, impatience. Anyway, so it's done in only a couple days! Yay!
Now to Lizzie, her two year checkup and such.
  • 21 lbs 31 in (still petite, but doing good)
  • loves reading, tries to read on her own sometimes and likes reading new books
  • draws/writes almost entirely with her left hand and can sit and draw for 30 min-1hr
  • can do the wooden type puzzles
  • knows the colors, orange, yellow, red, blue, green, purple, pink, white, and black, working on grey and brown
  • counts to six by herself and can do up to ten with a little help
  • sings Sweet Caroline at the top of her lungs, by far her favorite song
  • loves to sing all the nursery songs with their actions
  • recognizes her name when it's written down and always wants it written everywhere
  • starting to recognize shapes, usually gets circle right
  • just learned how to hold a bat and hit off a t-ball, but doing good with it
  • LOVES every kind of animal she's seen
  • talks in short sentences and three word phrases
  • understands concepts like hot/cold/warm, tall/short, up/down, etc.
  • puts on her own sandals
  • wants to potty train, but we're waiting til she adjusts to the new baby
By the way, for those who don't know we think we've decided on Daniel Rahn Scanlon for the new little guy whenever he decides to join us, but we'll see for sure when we're in the hospital! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the nursing aprons! I so hear you about sewing... I am in the same boat. I want to make a carseat drape for our baby, but have no idea if I can do it or not. LOL! Lizzie is so adorable, by the way!!!! Love her cute smile! Wish it hadn't been so busy when we saw you so I could have actually talked to everyone more than saying Hi. Of course not feeling well at all that day didn't help matters..

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a smart, tiny little thing. I love the nursing cover. I used a blanket for Parker and hated it, but I love my cover I have for Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete