Thursday, July 29, 2010

2 week check-up

Yesterday we went to the doctor for Daniel's two week check-up. He's been doing great. I guess they expect newborns to gain 6 oz from their birth weight and he's already gained 11. Definitely different than Lizzie, he's well on his way to being a chunkers. Already his cheeks hang out over his shoulders and he's got a double chin. He still can't decide what to do at night. We've had about three nights where he slept almost all night and then we have other nights where he doesn't want to sleep at all. I'm hoping he'll settle on the sleeping all night. :) When he's sleeping he smiles and laughs. I'd love to know what he's thinking about that gets those reactions. Spence loves snuggling with him as does Lizzie. He's not always so sure about her snuggling because she puts her face right up against his and wants him to look only at her. When he's asleep she pets his head like he's a dog. When he's awake she tries to play with and watch him. I'm just glad so far we haven't had any jealousy and acting out.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is so fun to watch the interactions when you have 2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a beautiful baby! I love the name, and it so tender to watch little kids with their siblings. I remember that sleepy stage, enjoy it while it lasts! Hope you are enjoying your summer and getting to stay at home!

    ReplyDelete